Have you scheduled your annual HVAC system maintenance ? It’s more important than you think and simple maintenance can save you unnecessary costs of repairs. Much like a car, simple maintenance is needed to keep your HVAC system running smoothly.
Why Is HVAC Maintenance Important?
Preventative maintenance keeps your HVAC system up and running all season long with no surprise breakdowns, while operating at top efficiency. It’s easy to forget about it and neglect it but imagine doing the same with your car. If you never have the oil changed or refuse to take your car in for regular check ups until the check-engine light comes on, you can’t expect it to last more than a couple of years.
Your HVAC system is the same way. No matter how expensive the system is or what the manufacturer promises, a complicated piece of mechanical equipment is subject to breakdowns and needs repairs every so often. Schedule regular maintenance and reduce the risk of costly, often unnecessary repairs.
Annual HVAC System Maintenance
Is the cost of maintenance really worth it? Consider the benefits of regular maintenance, some are immediate while others prevent future problems from developing.
Just some of the benefits of regular maintenance.
- Lower energy bills: Your HVAC system consumes less fuel after receiving professional maintenance.
- Fewer repairs: Do you hear a strange sound or notice an odd odor coming from your furnace? Calling for a tune-up right away could help catch problems before they become disastrous. For example, a fraying belt could result in strange operating noises. If a technician replaces it in time, you can avoid the expensive repair that results from a snapped belt whipping around inside. By preventing future repairs, annual maintenance pays for itself
- Lower chance of a catastrophic breakdown: Everyone wants an incident-free cooling and heating season. After all, it’s incredibly inconvenient and uncomfortable when equipment breaks down on a sweltering summer afternoon or frigid winter night, right when you need your HVAC system most. The odds of this happening when you schedule inspections every year are greatly diminished.
- Longer equipment life: Air conditioners, furnaces and other HVAC equipment function best when they’re regularly serviced and cleaned. One malfunctioning part can cause a domino effect that causes the entire system to break down.
- Safer equipment operation: A failing HVAC system does more than cost a lot of money to repair; it also can endanger your family. For instance, if the furnace develops a crack in the heat exchanger, carbon monoxide gas can escape and poison the air you breathe. Also, electric HVAC systems can develop a short circuit, which is a serious fire hazard if ignored. Clearly, your family’s safety is yet another reason to schedule annual HVAC system maintenance.
One of the most important parts of preventative maintenance is hiring a contractor with the right skills and experience for the job. Make sure you are dealing with experts in the HVAC field who are reputable, reliable and have the proper experience needed. If you’d like to schedule your HVAC maintenance, contact us today and we’ll be pleased to assist you.